Robert A. Heinlein: A Reader's Companion
||Trade Softcover, 304 pages, 6x9 inches
ISBN 0-9679874-0-7, US$24.00
||Hardcover, 304 pages, 6x9 inches
ISBN 0-9679874-1-5, US$32.00
(Note: Hardcover currently out of stock)
|| Quality archival-grade paper and durable binding.
||This exceptional book, a 2001 Hugo Award nominee, lists every work ever written by Heinlein, including minor, unreprinted and even some works that were described or outlined but never written. In addition to accurate and authoritative bibliographic information, each work is described in detail, with special attention paid to unusual elements of the work's background, history, connections and contents.
||No Heinlein fan, scholar, researcher or aficionado will want to be without this valuable, yet fascinatingly readable reference!
- Foreword by L. Sprague and Catherine de Camp.
- Individual entries for each of Heinlein's more than 200 works, including rare, unpublished and even unwritten works, arranged in two major sections and several subsections:
- The Major Works contains detailed multipage entries for the approximately 130 works of primary significance.
- Other Works contains several groups of shorter listings for the lesser items:
- Miscellaneous Works: Minor and unpublished works.
- Television & Film Works: Screenplays and treatments.
- Book Reviews & Forewords (Written by Heinlein.)
- Interviews, Letters, Speeches & Essays
- Unwritten Works: Significant works planned but never written.
- Extensive material derived from original sources, including original magazine appearances of the works, manuscripts and notes in the University of California at Santa Cruz Heinlein Archives, and Heinlein's colleagues and editors.
- Authoritative, verified bibliographical information.
- An extensive cross-reference section, and separate subject and title indexes.
- Detailed footnotes for subsidiary information.
- Profuse endnotes for scholarly and secondary references.
- The New Heinlein Opus List.